Up your game with the Garmin fenix 5X Sapphire Edition in Slate Gray with a black band and a sapphire scratch-resistant lens. This fitness watch was designed with multi-sport athletes in mind and records data useful to runners, cyclists, swimmers, climbers, hikers, skiers, paddlers, and more, and comes with TOPO maps of the United States pre-loaded. It also features Elevate wrist heart rate monitoring, which enables you to track your heart rate data without having to wear a chest strap as well as more accurately calculate your calories burned and monitor fitness intensity. For enhanced location and distance accuracy, the fenix 5X is equipped with an EXO antenna with GPS and GLONASS reception.
The fenix 5X connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth LE, allowing it to transfer its stored data to the phone and to receive notifications, text messages, and emails while on the go. It also functions as an activity tracker, silently logging your steps and encouraging you to get moving after an extended period of inactivity. When it's time to rest after a long day of exercise, your fenix 5X will monitor your sleep and record periods of restful sleep or movement.
Full U.S. TOPO MappingThe fenix 5X comes with full-color TOPO maps of the United States pre-loaded and optimized for at-a-glance navigation. Round Trip Run and Round Trip Ride let you enter your desired travel distance before displaying suggested routes that fulfill your requirements. Around Me mode displays locations nearby, and data overlays show information without screen switching. GroupTrack lets you keep track of friends and family so you don't get separated, while LiveTrack lets other follow your path using their smartphones.
- GPS and GLONASS
- Your fenix 5X uses an EXO antenna, unobtrusively integrated into the bezel, to receive signals from GPS and GLONASS satellites. It uses this data to create a track log, using a "breadcrumb trail" system of track points and user-entered locations and checkpoints, so you can always find your way.
- Altimeter, Barometer, and Compass
- The fenix 5X has built-in altimeter, barometer, and compass (ABC) sensors to provide real-time information while out and about. The altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether or not you're in motion. An internal gyroscope enhances location accuracy and saves battery power while in UltraTrac mode.
Running and Cycling
- Cycling Features
- When used with the optional Vector cycle power meter, the fenix 5X records your speed and cadence. It also stores multiple bicycle profiles.
- Advanced Running Dynamics and Physiological Metrics
- The fenix 5X shows advanced metrics to help you improve your performance. Performance condition lets you compare your real-time condition to your average levels, and lactate threshold estimates the point where rapid muscle fatigue begins. Cadence and stride length help you keep on top of your form.
- HRM-Run Compatibility
- When used with an optional Garmin HRM-Run monitor, the fenix 5X can record your vertical oscillation and ratio as well as ground contact time and balance so you can safely increase your running economy. The Stress Score measures heart rate variability while standing still and displays an estimated stress level.
- Other Running and Cycling Features
- VO2 Max
- Virtual Racer
- Virtual Partner
- Recovery advisor
- Race predictor
- Running dynamics
- Personal records
- Pace, time, and distance alerts
Additional Sport Modes
- Swimming Mode
- Your fenix 5X can identify your stroke and track your distance, pace, stroke type, stroke count, and calories burned, whether you're in a pool or open water. It can also record length counts for in-pool swimming.
- Ski/Snowboard Mode
- This mode records and displays your speed, distance, vertical drop, and more while on the slopes. An automatic run counter and lift line auto-pause let you keep track of your entire day.
- Paddle Sports Mode
- Paddle sports mode displays stroke count, stroke rate, and distance per stroke.
- Golf Mode
- The onboard golf mode displays F/M/B yardage distance for courses downloaded from Garmin Connect, as well as stat tracking, shot distance, yardage to layups and doglegs, Green View, AutoShot detection, and auto measure, along with a digital scorecard.
- Customize your fenix 5X with free downloads from the Garmin Connect IQ store, where you can change your watch's face, add data fields, and get apps and widgets. The Face-It app lets you use photos from your smartphone's photo library to customize the watch face. Bands are equipped with QuickFit for easy, tool-free changes.
- Additional Features
- Connect IQ app support (watch faces, data fields, widgets, apps)
- Smart notifications
- Vibration alerts
- Music control
- VIRB control
- Find my phone
- Watch functions
- Automatic data sync
- tempe sensor support
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Area calculation
- Physiological measurements